Sunday 28 April 2013

Oh I say................


Oh I say - look at where the girl from Pompey is going tomorrow night!! We're (SOH & I) are going to the Savoy for dinner......... Well flip me sideways - who'd have thought THOSE words would ever come out of my mouth!!!  Am I excited?? Hell yes........... New long dress hanging up (Purple again!) but 3/4 sleeves and plain - but classy! I am excited but ever so slightly nervous about being out of my depth with the sorts of people that are likely to be there - the Dinner is for the National Restauraters of which we are a part of, and its a fund raising event.  The likes of Rocco Forte will be there as well as top chefs from around the country.

There is a 'silent' auction, which means SOH won't have to sit on my hands to stop me leaping up to bet on items like 4 tickets for Mr Buble's concert.................. which I'm sure will attract many thousands of pounds!!  The menu looks amazing (with matching wines) and has been devised by the Chefs at Claridges. but starting with a Champagne reception with Savoy Canapes......!!

I'm sure that come 11'ish the evening will be a bit of a blur but I'm really looking forward to yet another fantastic evening to remember.

The weather here in Salcombe continues to be grim but we continue to draw the customers with our fire still burning and attracting very cold visitors....... Will we ever get a proper spring or are we going to hit a heatwave??

The Victoria Inn remains busy, with some new staff learning the ropes - but nice young people who are eager to learn and bring added value to the Vic, and ensure that our customers have a great time with us. Talking of which, we've had some amazing Trip Advisor reports - which is always heartening!!

Fish has been a bit low on the menu as the poor weather has meant that the boats have not been out so much, therefore, fish catch is a bit short and what there has been has not been anything too spectacular - but right now Monk Fish tails and Petite Plaice are hot on the menu and the Scallops we had in flew straight out off the menu again.  Shouldn't expect to have Beef Stew on at this time of year but once again customers are loving it and it has to be said that the Dumplings Chef Tanya makes are the tastiest I've ever had. Whilst the Strawberry Pavlovas that Chef Stuart made are to die for............... So lucky to have such talented people working with us!

On that note, I'm off for my Sunday lunch of local Sirloin of Beef and gorgeous Roasties............... till next time darlings!

No comments: