Sunday 10 April 2011

Oh I forgot to tell you.............

Oh I forgot to tell you this hugely funny (unfunny for me but my staff thought it was hilarious!) story............ It's a well recognised fact in the Victoria Inn that I treat the Vic much more like my home than a business, because indeed it is!

As such, staff are very used to seeing me floating around in a dressing gown till about 10a.m - thick fleecy in the winter and thinnish jersey in the summer.....every now and then I try to resolve to get up, shower, breakfast, make up and dress - THEN go down to the bar (by the way we're not talking pub open yet - just in case you were wondering!!). 

One day last week I was sitting in bed with my first delicious coffee of the day (no one makes that first coffee like SOH!) and checking my Face Book and Twitter - both of which I do avidly.  Anyway - (I'm getting there...Patience!) on my Twitter account I see a tweet from Good Morning Devon regarding Cream Teas and the fact that Cornwall got voted the best - again! So off I tweet back about how marvelous we are at the Victoria with our Cream Teas etc etc................

Not 10 minutes later there is a lovely reporter Sophie from the radio station actually in the Victoria who just happens to be in Salcombe for another reason and wonders if I'd like to say Hi and talk about the pub and cream teas...............Would I??? Hell yes!!! Just one small problem - bed head, no make up and grubby dressing gown :(     But I just couldn't turn down the opportunity for free publicity - hence I did a radio interview at about 9.15 in the morning sat in my garden in my slightly grubby dressing gown and slippers trying to look as though it was something I did every day.  Not only that, I completely fluffed it not once but TWICE!!!! Oh the shame...........................

But Sophie was lovely and if you fancy having a look at what she does in HER spare time you can read it in her blog!   http://devondispatches.blogspot.com/

Enjoy the sun today - it looks like we're in for another glorious day - and yes I am up, dressed and working!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I just WISH you had posted a photo !