Monday 2 February 2009

Odd happenings in Salcombe

Salcombe is doing funny things to me......... firstly I've started going to church for the first time in over 40 years! It's a long story, but I fell out with God some 32 years ago, and have never quite thought He was with me since... but actually, whether its the spirituality of living right by the sea and the country - or whether it's an insurance policy at my age(!) I think I'm quite enjoying getting to know Him again....

Secondly, I found myself at an aerobics class tonight (cheers Deana - who by the way told me that lycra is banned from this class... thank goodness for that - there is none available without being made to measure in my size!) for the first time in nearly 10 years... I'd like to say it was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it - well I did, in a strange sadistic sort of way! But boy oh flipping boy do I feel old and knackered tonight... I was there doing it first time round with Jane Fonda 'going for the burn' years and years ago - when she was de-crying plastic surgery and saying we could all grow old together - well of course they don't do that now (and neither did she - lying ***!!) its all gently bently stuff, and there's no 'burn' - no of course there's not - there's just the burning realisation as you lay on the mat in yet another church/school/community hall (believing that at any moment you're going to have a heart attack) still trying to show you can do it as well as the other women that a) you're years older, b) the diets you've tried have never worked and c) you're more unfit than you ever were..... :( So of course, THIS diet is going to work, I AM going to start power walking from tomorrow - and while I'm doing that walk - well I might just have a word in HIS ear to help me make it work this time....

Next entry will be about the RNLI - SOS appeal last week which was a massive success, but some pics are on the pub website already and facebook for those that belong to that particular form of communication and can't wait for my next ramblings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finding God and Aerobics!!....best to stay on the booze,it'll do you less harm!

Liz said...

Ha-ha - I think you may well be right judging by my poor aching body today!!