Thursday 22 January 2009

Just a quick hello.........

Just a very quick (and short) post to let you know I am still here........... just not the best start to the NY (that's very definitely the last time I say on NY's eve 'this one will be a good one'!!). Had to rush back to Portsmouth for the week last week as one of my family was taken quite ill - pleased to say that they are on the mend now and what was a very worrying time is now hopefully gone. There's never a good time for emergencies, but last week James our chef was on a well deserved holiday, so SOH was in the kitchen for 9 long days - bless him! So not only was he unable to come with me, he had to look after the shop in it's entirety ........ needless to say I tidied the office again last night! Apart from that he's very domesticated and I had little else to do - no ladies, you can't hire him!! :)

We are off to Newquay tonight to the Headland Hotel for St Austell awards dinner and dance, and boy am I looking forward to letting my hair down, having some fun and shaking off the stress of the past week. Business is a lot quieter now - having said that we are still doing 30 covers at lunchtime most days, so not too awful really. Big RNLI national fundraising next week - SOS - and we are hosting an event on the 30th - SIZZLE OUR SAUSAGES......... more of that in the next entry. Lastly, I'm amazed at how many people are reading this blog - I sit here typing and I only think of one or two of my best friends reading this - well actually it looks as though loads read it... blimey! Met a lady this week on holiday from California and she spent an hour and a half reading my ramblings, and couldn't wait to meet me and see our pub - and what a lovely lady she is as well! Thats it for now then, loads to do, more soon...........

Take care all, Liz x

No comments: